[kwlug-disc] laptops with Linux preinstalled

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 6 18:41:35 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 04:01:13PM -0400, Ron Singh wrote:
> These are gorgeous systems, but the lack of a trackpoint is a
> dealbreaker for me.

I have T450 at home, and all laptops at work are ThinkPad.  I even
bought external USB ThinkPad keyboard to force myself to get used to
ThinkPad layout.  I just couldn't.

    1. <Fn> key is where <Left-Ctrl> is.  I hate that.

    2. Trackpoint always overshoots, and I spend most of my time correcting
    that overshoot.  Nothing matches the productivity of 5-button mouse,
    where button 4/5 are back/forward.

Question:
    - How do you avoid trackpoint overshoot?
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>