[kwlug-disc] laptops with Linux preinstalled

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 18:51:06 EDT 2020

I have the overshoot issue with anything based on Debian 10, so Ubu 18.x
and 20.x are an issue.

My fix was to rip libinput out and install evdev and life became good again.

It was weird, nothing I could do in Ubu 18.x and 20.x would allow me to
slow down the pointer acceleration, the mouse setting applets for various
DEs just didn't do anything in terms of adjusting the acceleration. A good
guy name of Clem helped me on this, he suggested the rip/replace thing.

I am stilling Ubu 16.04LTS for all production devices, clients will be
busting a move to 20.04 at year's end. 18.04 was hot garbage for me, so was
happy to bypass that altogether.

Interestingly, I have not had a single issue like this with Manjaro(Xfce
and Cinnamon) or ArcoLinux(same DEs), but Arch-y stuff ain't for me, I need
LTS.

Thanks,

Ron S.