[kwlug-disc] FAANG-free list

Benjamin Tompkins bjtompkins at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:05:12 EDT 2020

Sibername.com used to allow you to pay via money order.  They are based in
Ottawa.

Also, if you are looking at paying for email hosting and are worried about
privacy.  I would seriously consider not hosting in Canada.

Swiss privacy laws (where Protonmail is based) are much tighter than Canada
and they are outside of any Canadian jurisdiction.  Meaning that any
warrant (for whatever reason) would not do a single thing.  Protonmail also
as a plan that includes both email hosting and VPN services.

The only reason that I haven't made that jump myself?  I too am lazy.

Benjamin