[kwlug-disc] Fuming and tor-rorists

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Apr 8 21:42:36 EDT 2020

What irks me out more than the masks thing, is the travel advisories. The
PHAC listed only
China and Iran at the time, and there were daily cases coming in from
Italy, Egypt and the
USA.

On March 10th, I contacted the local health unit, saying that this is
unacceptable, and they
said: sorry, we follow the advice from PHAC. So I contacted PHAC and got no
reply at all.

There were travelers arriving at Pearson on TV and they said they were not
asked anything
nor given any advice to do anything ...

This is what made things much worse.

Epidemiologists say there are two rules: a) doing something is better than
doing nothing,
and b) acting fast is key.

I think Canada was too lax with travel restrictions.