[kwlug-disc] Linux Hacked For A Decade?

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Apr 8 19:33:08 EDT 2020

- Yes. They discovered Chinese closed-source metasploit tools. Just in
time for marketing rollout.

- Meat that I can use to check safety of my systems? Nay!

- No CVE references.

- Quote from page 16:

"""

BlackBerry researchers found that each of the victims’ kernel versions
indicated they
were all running various versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
– by using this
information it was possible to discover the earliest possible compromise
date for each
victim (Red Hat, 2019).

"""

- Again this theme, make sure that servers can't call outside. Do egress
filtering. Dev's of Jira and Confluence seem not to hear this, though.
Ya, friendly reminder that by default all your docker containers in
docker swarm can get out. What about K8's networks?

My 2 cents.