[kwlug-disc] Linux Hacked For A Decade?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:17:18 EDT 2020

A random paragraph on pg 11 --

*For the first time, BlackBerry researchers have assessed that these groups
are allsharing a previously unidentified Linux malware toolset referred to
in this report as theWINNTILNX toolset. It should be noted that these
groups have also been observedtargeting other platforms as well, including
Windows, Android, and MacOS.Four of these five groups are already known to
the security community as PASSCV,BRONZE UNION (aka APT27, EMISSARY PANDA),
a group tracked internally as CASPER(aka LEAD), and the original WINNTI
GROUP. But the fifth Linux splinter cell group, whichBlackBerry researchers
are tracking as WLNXSPLINTER, is discussed for the first timein this
report. These threat actor groups share three important characteristics:*

Seems to imply that the paper is worth at least a glance?

Thanks,

Ron Singh