[kwlug-disc] Videoconference testing -- please help

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Fri Apr 3 18:49:44 EDT 2020

> On the other hand, we are once again demonstrating that many eyes make
> all bugs shallow. And Zoom is going to fix all the things now, so it
> is okay:
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/02/zoom-says-engineers-will-focus-on-security-and-safety-issues
>
> I wish somebody would do as thorough a security audit on BBB. I do not
> feel very safe about it at all.

BBB installation under control of user (user's IT) is a totally
different game, because server isn't in hands of a company that ...
collects your email addresses :) It is a totally different game, cause
you own the server.

As long as admin can control who gets to join/login, BBB is fine. Note,
we are not talking about zero-day bugs on pages, accessible without login.