[kwlug-disc] Videoconference testing -- please help

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Apr 10 02:31:09 EDT 2020

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:23:45PM -0400, Hubert Chathi wrote:
> Pretty much no video conferencing system that supports a large number of
> participants will have end-to-end encryption.  The problem with Zoom
> here is that they're claiming that they do.

That's a fun mental puzzle.  If we used public key encryption,
it would still be possible in theory.  Each person uploads one stream
to the server, the server sends all streams to all users (with perhaps
some out of band signaling for optimization).

Would have to trust the symmetric key with all members of the call,
but I think it's still possible.

- Chris