[kwlug-disc] older Mac laptops

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:43:47 EDT 2019

Ron

If you care about speed, then neither CPU nor cache is likely to be very
important. Having SDD instead of HDD will make a large difference, and so
will having more RAM.

A 2011 model is not supported any more by MacOS Mojave, the current OS
version. That's fine, as you can use High Sierra instead, but it's a point
to consider.

You didn't mention whether you want to use these plugged in or on their
batteries, or how good these batteries are.

A retina display is nice to have if you (like me) like to have 3 terminal
windows next to each other left-to-right. Without retina, you can only 2
terminals (plus a bit). You might not care.

-erik

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>