[kwlug-disc] OT: XLR microphones and mic stands

Cedric Puddy cedric at ccj.host
Thu Jul 26 19:30:18 EDT 2018

Hi Paul!

I was in KW Surplus the other day, and they had some CRAZY cheap XLR microphones — $20-30, I think.  I almost bought one just to try, but they didn’t come with clips.  Looked like standard Shure SM58/SM57 clips might do trick, and they are $10 brand new at Sherwood music.

KW Surplus also had very inexpensive boom mic stands; I’m pretty sure they had some table top ones too.

I bought my Shure SM58 off eBay for $60, which is definitely a low side price (also, that was w/o clip), but that market place is too variable to pic up stuff in a timely fashion.  On the other hand, you’ve got more than a month right now...

I can probably loan you one SM58 and a boom mic stand; I just have the one, but I don’t use it every day, and it’s a good cause.  Ping me personally as the “Mic Drive” develops, and I should be able to help that much at least.

  All the Best,

  -Cedric

[CCj] [Cedric Puddy, President, CCj/Clearline Inc..  T: 519-342-4004x102]