[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu going back to Xorg

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 13:30:55 EST 2018

@Doug,
Maybe I wasn't imagining 4.14LTS will be 6 years, see --
http://www.zdnet.com/article/long-term-support-linux-gets-a-longer-lease-on-life/

Of note, the first 2 paragraphs, where it is more than implied LTS will be
supported for 6 years starting with 4.4.

Also, I quote enjoy the talks by Greg Kroah-Hartman, the main dude for the
LTS releases and in this recent talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKadXpQLmPU

he made mention of the request from the Japanese gov't, they are looking
for an LTS that is supported for 20-30 years as they want to use the Linux
kernel in a whack of infrastructure refreshes.

Thanks,

Ron Singh