[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu going back to Xorg

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:57:33 EST 2018

Yeah, I see what you mean...Most news sites cite 4.4LTS and 4.14LTS being
moved from 2 years to 6 years. Some sites are surely implying hard that LTS
by definition means 6 years instead of the old 2 year cycle. GKH did say
that 4.4 is now 6 years to more logically support the mobile ecosystem.

Interestingly, this site says 4.14 is EOL Jan 2020 --
https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html
which is pretty close to GKH saying that 4.14 is EOL in 2019 as per that
page you cited.

The LTS = 6 years implication has been circulating since at least November
last year and yet, there seems to be no current clarification from GKH to
quell the perception that LTS means 6 years.

My bad, fake news. Sorry.

Thanks,

Ron Singh