[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 17.10

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:49:01 EST 2018

I do have Debian 9(Cinnamon DE) on a desktop at work, being a Linux
freshman, I am having some challenges, setting up remote, setting up shares
and the like, but so far, Debian 9 has not crashed on me, their site is
challenging for me to work with, but am getting there. Fedora 27 is
something I wanted to play with, but mebbe it's my brain, but man, I find
that distro real hard to navigate and especially, tailor. Fun playing
around with them though.

Oh, another thing, from a CPU/RAM utilization standpoint, even the Mint
18.3 Cinnamon instance had one the lowest of the lot, LM 18.1 Xfce was the
lowest.
Zorin was the worse. I would imagine that Lubuntu(LXDE) would be the
slimmest and possibly the most reliable, but that DE is not to my liking at
all, sort of like a Mac from the 80s...

Thanks,

Ron Singh

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 11:40 AM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com