[kwlug-disc] TV watching / Kodi / Netflix

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:24:04 EDT 2018

Seems Netflix is still the issue for me.  I've no problem with Kodi on my
Android boxes, it works well.  I don't use the boxes for games, just media
content.  All my storage is in the basement on an older HP G6 server, even
when I had a full computer under the TV, I never stored any media on it.

It's still looking like Android + Netflix is about the only way I'll get it
on all my TV's at this point.

And to Cranky:
I do use Plex Media Server for one thing.  Streaming content via a web
application.  I use it when I'm away from home; SSH tunnel via Putty, then
play whatever media I need in via their web app on my own box.  All free.
But their Android app and LG TV app are horrid, I have tried them...