[kwlug-disc] TV watching / Kodi / Netflix

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:00:57 EDT 2018

Good day everyone,

With the recent expiry of one of my little G-Box Android devices, I'm once
more looking into this lovely mess of managing media and getting it all to
work harmoniously.

Current setup are Android boxes on the front end, with MythTV Recordings
(for OTA), an NFS media library and now Netflix.  I use Kodi to browse the
NFS library and MythTV recordings and access Netflix with the Android app.

It's still a little clunky as navigating Netflix works best with a mouse of
some kind, while Kodi is all one remote.

So I'm wondering what's changed?  What do others do to consume media from
multiple sources?  Is it worth exploring Netflix on Linux and dropping
Android boxes?

Thanks!