[kwlug-disc] Firefox 57? Now with NoScript!

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Nov 21 15:52:19 EST 2017

doug moen wrote on 2017-11-21 02:02 AM:

> Your problem with not seeing the status bar at the bottom of the window
> (containing link urls), and having the scroll bar indicator cut off at
> the bottom, and generally having pages being truncated, might all be the
> same problem.
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1138333
>
> It says to try resizing the window.

Interesting...  My KDE toolbar is vertical on the right side of left
monitor, so it wasn't overlapping the browser window.

However, the resizing may well have been what rectified the situation.

Should it occur again, I'll to a maximize-vertically right away and see
if that does fix it.

I'm still liking FF57 - the light animations of connecting, page

Seems faster but haven't got data to prove it.

And NoScript has Trusted, Untrusted, Default, and HTTP vs HTTPS settings
which seem like a good idea (so far).

Thanks for the link!

r b