[kwlug-disc] 400+ tabs ... TabGroups? [Was: Re: Firefox 54 with multi-process?]

B. S. bs27975 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 18:16:12 EDT 2017

> (yes, I know, I know)

:-)

> even with 400+ tabs

How DO you manage them?

Some long time ago I installed TabGroups Manager, currently
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tabgroups-manager-revived
, across multiple versions and developers, and been sufficiently happy.
Basically it associates sets of tabs with a grouping tab in a second tab
bar. e.g. One of mine is 'weather', along the bottom, just above the
status bar. Tab addons have been problematic over time, multi-row tab
bar addons keep getting deprecated. Looks like I'm using Tab Mix Plus at
the moment. [Not sure if I found out about TabGroups Manager from you -
if not, perhaps useful.]

I do tend to use PaleMoon, https://www.palemoon.org/ , more than Firefox
these days. Looks like I'm using Tab Utilities over there.

I've also started using multiple browser windows, often on different
desktops based on that desktop's workspace. e.g. 3 = general, 4 (now 6)
= development. [It's a little annoying after a logout to come back to 20
different Chrome windows opening on the same desktop - but hey, at least
they came back at all.]

> Auto Unload Tab

Thank you for that. I've not found anything reliable for this. A
non-Chrome equivalent to 'The Great Suspender', that is.