[kwlug-disc] Linux on the Desktop

Nelson F. nelsonjfr at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:15:42 EST 2017

Thanks all for the emails.

I know the Live option is not ideal. However, both Debian and Fedora had everything working (video, sound, printer) from the get go.

I have been thinking about trying the dual boot option. At one point I read something about some parameters needed for SSDs, so need to investigate a bit more about it if I stick it in my current disk.

I use both Linux (command line) and Windows daily at work.

But at home, kind of getting tired with the ads, Cortana and other things...however, software just work.

I know Linux premise is that you have options, but on the application installation front (or package management), I think that it would go a long way to standardize on one.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback.