[kwlug-disc] Canadian hosted email providers

Mark Steffen rmarksteffen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:48:10 EST 2017

Yes.. the standard cPanel suite of services, including but not limited to
Spamassassin/clamav/greylisting/RBL filtering for email, mailman,
pop/imap/smtp, SPF, DNS, caldav, carddav.  Also VPSs.  I recommend
customers backup to S3 (Montreal) at the moment.  Mainly because most of my
customers are in the area and it just seems imprudent from a
disaster-recovery perspective to backup locally.  I do snapshot my servers
and back them up to a NAS in one of my racks though for quick local
recovery.  For "corporate/enterprise" email I use O365 (many are migrating
from exchange).  I've tried to go the OpenChange route through a variety of
offerings but it just hasn't worked out, and it appears OpenChange
development is stalled.

Happy to offer at no charge cPanel/VPS type services on a case-by-case
basis for non-profits/service groups, though I can't offer for free
O365/etc due to the costs associated.

*Mark Steffen*
Office Direct: +1.226.476.1240 | Mobile/WhatsApp: +1.226.600.0464
*"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -Abraham Lincoln*