[kwlug-disc] Canadian hosted email providers

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Feb 15 01:31:24 EST 2017

Paul comments:
> I find it hard to believe that nobody else on the list runs into
> these kinds of Canadian hosting requirements.

Any place I've worked that had such a requirement was large enough to
be able to afford infrastructure and dedicated staff to host the
e-mail themselves.

I suspect that the requirements of non-profit (or even no-money) and
off-site Canadian hosting are incompatible.

- --Bob.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 14 14:38:14 EST 2017
> Are there any good, reliable Canadian email providers that host
> their machines (physical and/or virtual) on Canadian soil? (I
> understand that this is no guarantee that traffic is not routed
> through the USA.)
>
> This is for a nonprofit (not The Working Centre) that currently
> hosts its mail through Google. No doubt gratis is preferable for
> them, but I think paid ought to be an option as well.
>
> Although my 1998 self would punch me in the face for saying this,
> I suggested that the gratis nonprofit tier of Office 365 might be a
> good fit. This is effectively hosted Exchange, and supposedly you
> can request that Microsoft only use Canadian data centres for your
> data. This is the standard that I would like to beat.
>
> - Paul
>
> -- http://pnijjar.freeshell.org

- --

- --