[kwlug-disc] So I was auditing my accounts online and thought of something.

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 22:22:10 EST 2017

What about making an email provider that you log in with a 12 English word
seed and a password.  The word seed would result in you having possibly
tens if not hundreds of disposable email addresses for only incoming mail.

The point of this technology would be so that you could use any of these
email addresses for signing up for online services where you don't want
them to have your email address.

Just thinking about ways to make social graphing more difficult for those
who are taking your privacy for no value added.

Maybe as a premium service to help support the website you could sell
SMTP/POP3 access so that you could respond to people.  Maybe you could send
a message or two outgoing here and there in case you needed to resolve
something to do with your account or talk to support but otherwise spam
could be a real problem with this provider without precautions like this.