[kwlug-disc] How relevant/useful is LinkedIn, e.g. kwlug, K-W, Linux, FOSS, news, groups, ???

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Sep 2 21:25:11 EDT 2016

There already is a KWLUG group on LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1769625

I'd make you a member, but you didn't actually give your LinkedIn address.

Don't get too invested in LinkedIn -- it's every bit as bad as
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Frienster, SixDegrees, HabboHotel... (OK,
hyperbole there, but not much)

I've been on there for years, got all kinds of incorrect
recommendations by people who don't know what I actually do, so it
makes for a pretty bad profile. And I've never been contacted through
LinkedIn for actual work, so it's been pretty useless to me.

LinkedIn announced a security breach in May of this year, from an
incident that took place in 2012! Not quite responsible disclosure,
and certainly not timely disclosure.

My LinkedIn address is https://www.linkedin.com/in/bobjonkman Feel
free to link me in, but it may be months before I log in there again.

- --Bob.