[kwlug-disc] odrive?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Oct 3 17:46:37 EDT 2016

B.S. wrote:
> Google Drive (no Linux client

Check out https://github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse

It mounts a Google Drive on Linux with the FUSER tools, but it's not a
sync client.

If I understand correctly, you have several online storage locations,
all with data that needs to be accessed by several people (maybe
simultaneously, maybe sequentially). If you're willing to run a
Nextcloud server you can use it to manage access control to other
vendors' cloud storage. You can set up encrypted (file-based) storage
in the cloud, although you'll have to copy the files from their
plain-text locations through  Nextcloud to get them into encrypted
format.  There are sync clients for multiple platforms, including
Linux, Windows, Macintosh, and Android, and likely for iPhone as well.

- --Bob.