[kwlug-disc] FLOSS contributions

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 17 01:47:08 EDT 2016

That is helpful information. Thank you! Now I have more questions:

How easy is it for potential contributors to pick up the right way to
make useful contributions? Are the procedures necessary to complete
the other 80% of the job well understood/documented, or are they only
in the heads of the developers?

How much patience/energy do the developers have towards handholding
potential contributors through completing the other 80% of the work?

How feasible is it for outsiders (who are neither core developers nor
the people proposing features) to do this kind of cleanup work? Does
this stuff require a lot of in-depth knowledge of the project, or is
it rote enough that somebody who is not expert enough to code a new
feature can do the cleanup?

- Paul