[kwlug-disc] FLOSS contributions

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 16 23:26:39 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 07:30:57PM -0400, Charles Profitt wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-08-16 at 02:00 -0400, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
> > Who here contributes to FLOSS projects? In what ways do you
> > contribute? What were the biggest barriers you faced in getting
> > started?
>
> I contribute to FLOSS projects. Most of my contributions have been in
> the form of quality assurance, promotion, documentation and other non-
> code related contributions.

What has the learning curve been in getting up to speed in making
these contributions? Was the guidance at Ubuntu Beginners Team enough? Did
you turn to real human beings for help? If so, what kinds of
assistance did they provide?

If you are willing to share (on or offlist) some specific
contributions I would be interested in knowing about them.

> I do not speak any additional languages, but let me know if I can be of
> assistance. I am currently involved in the Fedora community, but still
> have contacts in the Ubuntu community.

You are in Rochester, correct? If you are local and are willing to
help we might definitely have a role for you to play (depending on
whether anything happens at all).

- Paul

--
Electoral reform info sessions: Sept 8, 21, 28, 29.
Consultations: Tuesdays at Queen Street Commons through Aug & Sept.