[kwlug-disc] Router dying?

Raymond Chen raymondchen625 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:42:04 EDT 2015

I got an Smart RG router from my ISP. It'd been working ok until I
connected a new tv box to it through wifi. Connections of all devices were
lost every few minutes. And if I turned off the tv box, it became normal
again.

It turned out having nothing to do with the new device. I connected a
Raspberry PI to the router's USB port to get power supply, which drove the
capacity of the router near the edge, one more connected device tipped it
right off the top...

My lesson leanrt: do not use the router to do anything other than wifi and
connecting to Internet (unless you have a premium expensive model).