[kwlug-disc] OT: Teksavvy DSL plans

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jan 20 09:14:58 EST 2015

On Jan 20, 2015 12:02 AM, "B.S." <bs27975 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I've just / am going through this right now - Acanac is a better deal than
> Vmedia now - let alone with the current $20/month 1st 3 months deal.

I have a friend who has has been with Acanac for several years. He is a
non-techie. He got it on DSL and packaged phone with them, all for a very
low price (I can't remember if it is $450 a year prepaid).

The quality of the phone is very phone. I can't hear him over the static
and choppiness. They ended up getting cell phone plans because their land
line (actually VoIP through Acanac) is very poor, specially if they are
watching a video on the TV.

Now, this is DSL, not cable, and Acanac's own phone service, not a third
party thing like Ooma or MagicJack, but thought you should know.