[kwlug-disc] OT: Teksavvy DSL plans

Dan Hergott 143news at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:13:35 EST 2015

I've thought about switching to Internet over cable.  However I have
found that several people I know who have Rogers cable for Internet have
their modems die on a regular basis.  Not too big of a deal for them as
Rogers replaces the cable modem for free.

However if you're not using Rogers as your ISP  over cable you have to
generally purchase your own cable modem.    Having to purchase a new
cable modem when a large, voltage modem killing spike comes down your
Rogers cable line would be too expensive for myself to deal with.

I've been running my DSL modem  for 8 years or more without problems and
the 6meg speed is fast enough for myself and my wife to use for our needs.

My wife and I will never deal with Rogers again.

Dan Hergott