[kwlug-disc] OT: Teksavvy DSL plans

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:18:39 EST 2015

I'm with you on "never deal with Rogers again", and you can add Bell to
that mix for me.

However, in the decade or so that I was with Bell for internet, I did burn
through a few modems.  Three or four, I would guess.  More than a few times
I found myself sitting in the car in a hotel parking lot, trying to get my
email over the hotel's wi-fi while I waited for a new Bell modem to arrive
by courier.  However I've been with TekSavvy then vmedia for a total of
maybe four years now and I'm still on the same original modem.

So I guess it's just a matter of luck!

I don't have my current modem in my hand at the moment, but I do believe
it's a Thompson xx4076 model.  AFAICR.