[kwlug-disc] Shaw Communications is buying Wind Mobile

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:39:32 EST 2015

I wasn't talking about Rogers roaming, but regular Rogers data fees.
5c/Meg doesn't actually add up very fast if you are not watching
video. My wife has Wind and checks email, weather, Facebook, etc while
we travel and it works out to a few extra dollars a month. To have the
cheapest phone, I pre-pay $10/month for 100mb on Rogers (i.e., 10c/M),
and that's plenty to keep my Email client and weather app syncing,
IRC, Signal messenger, and the ability to look something up online
when I want. Anyway, like I said, I don't think Wind is making much,
if anything, on top of the Rogers roaming fees.