[kwlug-disc] 8-bay OTA antenna - $50

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 22:56:08 EST 2015

>________________________________

IIRC, there are plugins to download, not just stream. Don't remember if they were Kodi or Plex plugins. Or perhaps MythTV plugins to something somewhere. (Seems/ed MythTV was decreasing effort on their front end in favour of something else working just as well [Kodi?], and focusing on the back end. Which may now have streaming, for all I know. Let alone VLC with its streaming and UPnP capabilities. I've so lost track of what does what, with what, interacting how ...)

Downloading would make it into a PVR (and schedulable). Presumably you make the destination Kodi's favourite place, and the downloads appear like any other content.

How many addons, where, with what magic incantations ... I no longer remember. Especially since I don't trust streaming / haven't been impressed with it in my environment. Never mind fast forward (black screen / no sound), captions, etc.

Doesn't help that google drowns you, outdated links and instructions, and so on. A K-W resident expert that blogs accurate and brief instructions on kwlug.org would be welcome. Even if the blog only says ... go {here} to the real blog.

Not outing Charles here ... the ecosystem above is far more than just Kodi, and confusing as all heck.