[kwlug-disc] 8-bay OTA antenna - $50

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:49:24 EST 2015

> > I get CTV, CTV2, City, Global and TVO.
>Via OTA?

Yes, no streaming.  OTA channels only.  Those in Kitchener may not get CTV2
as it's a London station...

> Kodi will also stream the Canadian channels, but last time I checked it
does so via sucking from the web sites, and the web sites keep changing the
interface / URLs  such that the addon maintainers can't keep up. (Let alone
some now use adobe encryption, giving the addons heartburn. At least as of
the last time I looked.)

There were some streaming addons for a while, most notably Canada on
Demand, which isn't maintained any longer.  I can get Discovery Canada,
Food Network Canada and HGTV Canada via plugins for Kodi or Plex.  Plex
runs as a server and can stream stuff over a web connection, or to clients,
like PleXBMC for Kodi.