[kwlug-disc] 8-bay OTA antenna - $50

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 20:45:19 EST 2015

I've found just going to the website as good as anything.

When I looked, many months ago, there were multiple addons that seemed likely to do CTV, however I don't believe I got any of them to work.

Aside from moving target URL syntax, I think they may have been the site that uses adobe encrypted streams, giving everything linux heartburn.

Oh ... and they were the ones dividing up streams to new 'files' every 3 minutes, increasing the heartburn.

I gave up.

Been fortunate thus far, the only thing I cared about that I otherwise missed on the TV itself was one or two news casts, so watching them in a browser was sufficient.

And ... curiously ... while my ~3GHz P4 with Hyperthreading can't keep up with anything beyond 480i, my wee little 1.6GHz dual core Atom with ION can. Go figure. Hook up the TV, full screen the browser on it, and watching went sufficiently well. (Took me far too long to discover the wee underpowered laptop was more capable than I thought. Which I attribute to my foresight in holding out for the Nvidia/ION version of the Asus 1201, at the time.)