[kwlug-disc] 8-bay OTA antenna - $50

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 19:21:02 EST 2015

>________________________________

Let us know how that goes, please.

When I looked at it it didn't seem to me it would work - being neither a US citizen or serviceman, nor having a US IP address.

It seems that the shows would be available via (US) web site, if that's useful - if you have a US IP address, and are subscribed to cable, that is. (And can work through the flash nonsense, that is.)

I noticed that with Global - still had to log in to Rogers to vet the online viewing from Global, but it did so. Even on an analogue service subscription. (i.e. I expect that even on a basic analogue plan, for a non-basic channel, it would have worked.)

If you have a US IP, I suspect Hulu (delayed broadcasting availability), or Hulu Plus, is also an option for you.

As would a Hola! browser addon, be it with Hulu or direct to US web site. There's a fair bit of anxiety and concern out there about Hola!, though. (Even if you do get playback working under Linux.)