[kwlug-disc] Best DIY git service options

Sat Dec 5 08:58:44 EST 2015

> On Dec 4, 2015, at 1:34 PM, John Sellens <jsellens at syonex.com> wrote:
> I recently started using "gogs" - "Go Git Service" which is very github-like.
> Last I looked missing a few things (pull requests?), but I'll suggest it's
> worth a look.
>
> https://gogs.io/

That *does* look interesting. They seem to have pull requests now (looking at their live demo).

Just an aside: why are more Go apps sprouting up? I’m not familiar with the language but my btsync-alike tool (SyncThing) uses it too. Something that seems common among them is they all like to create static (i.e. huge) binaries that incorporate everything rather than use the system libraries.

-A.