[kwlug-disc] Truecrypt

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri May 30 17:57:17 EDT 2014

If I read Bob's comment correctly, he is objecting to the extrapolation on
that the future audit is most likely positive.

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:40 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> And others from here below:
>
> On 14-05-29 12:03 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > ... If the previously audited version was safe, i.e. works as designed,
> then ...

The initial audit was to verify that the binaries do indeed correspond to
the published source code, and that no backdoors have been slipped in the
binaries. That much was verified.

But all that applies to the 2012 version (7.1a). The one that was just
published this month removes a lot of features, and has not been audited in
any way (beyond the diff between it and the previous version).

Another note: someone is saying that a flaw will disclosed soon.

http://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=14/05/30/1318243
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.