[kwlug-disc] Truecrypt

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri May 30 16:40:07 EDT 2014

On 14-05-30 03:34 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> unsolicited writes:
>> audits have been and are being performed. And nothing found thus
>> far. And expectations thus far are that nothing will be found.
>
> That is one of the wrongest and most dangerous security fallacies I
> have ever seen.
>
> - --Bob.

Better check yourself before so shooting your mouth off in such a
libellous, slanderous, and defamatory way, bud.

By your own link:
https://twitter.com/stevebarnhart/status/472200478345150464

"@matthew_d_green 1 more "I were happy with the audit, it didn't spark
anything. We worked hard on this for 10 years, nothing lasts forever.""

By Darcy's:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/05/bombshell-truecrypt-advisory-backdoor-hack-hoax-none-of-the-above/#p3

" Last, a preliminary audit of TrueCrypt uncovered no evidence of any
backdoors."
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/truecrypt-audit-finds-no-evidence-of-backdoors-or-malicious-code/
- "On Monday, after seven months of discussion and planning, the first
phase of a two-part audit of TrueCrypt was released.

The results? iSEC, the company contracted to review the bootloader and
Windows kernel driver for any backdoor or related security issue,
concluded (PDF) that TrueCrypt has: “no evidence of backdoors or
otherwise intentionally malicious code in the assessed areas.”

"James S. wrote:
With the audit, we're going to have an audited line of code that can be
branched off by somebody trusted and start where the original dev's left
off. It should also answer some questions about the status of the
project etc. "

And others from here below:

On 14-05-29 12:03 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
 > ... If the previously audited version was safe, i.e. works as
designed, then ...

On 13-12-04 01:27 PM, Paul Nijjar wrote:>
 > http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/

http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/: "Update April 14, 2014: Phase I of
the audit is complete, and report is available. Phase II begins on the
formal cryptanalysis. Follow #istruecryptauditedyet on Twitter for updates."