[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Mon May 12 22:17:16 EDT 2014

On 2014-05-12 21:00, Paul Gallaway wrote:
> For my install I made my own coax cables that I cut to the required
> length (with some extra feet at the inside drop). I bought a Zenith
> branded kit of connectors and compression tool and a standard coax
> wire stripper from Sayal.
> I borrowed a 50' cable from a friend that had
> manufactured ends and had never been used. The fitting slipped right
> off leaving the end screwed to my antenna and the wire and coax core
> on the ground. The other benefit of putting your own ends on is you
> can get away with a much smaller hole to pull the wire through.

Very good Paul G. You showed that - with the correct set of tools and
technique - it is possible to make ones own cables.
In addition you showed that some commercially supplied cables are junk.

In any case, fitting RF cables and connectors is not an easy thing to do
as more is at play here than simple electrical connectivity.

/no_sarcasm_intended_or_implied (just in case)

JohnJ