[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Tue May 13 02:49:55 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:17:16PM -0400, John Johnson wrote:
> Very good Paul G. You showed that - with the correct set of tools and
> technique - it is possible to make ones own cables.
> In addition you showed that some commercially supplied cables are junk.
>
> In any case, fitting RF cables and connectors is not an easy thing to do as
> more is at play here than simple electrical connectivity.
>
> /no_sarcasm_intended_or_implied (just in case)
>
> JohnJ

You have to be careful with words here, since you're talking to antenna
newbies...

First, you don't "make" own cables.  You buy RG6 cable, cut to length,
and then put on compression ends.  You need tools, of course, but they
are not expensive.  Second, weatherproofing usually means rubber cover
which goes onto the cable before the end (otherwise it won't fit).

I've got compression ends, tools, and rubber cover, so I can bring them
for demo if you want.
--
William