[kwlug-disc] my freedns.afraid.org venture

John Kerr johneddie.kerr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:54:57 EDT 2014

Hi everyone

I have been working on this for too long with nothing to show for it

I can't get freedns.afraid.org service to see past my router. I am on
Rogers as an ISP.

I have tried pointing to a computer on my my lan as well as pointing to the
router name as well.
same result I can ping the server but the IP that comes back is that of the
router. when I try to hit a web page it hangs.

I tried setting up freedns.afraid .org a the dns service and it tells me
the host is invalid.
It is a dling DIR-655
Here is my inadyn.conf file
this one is trying to hit the name of my router

-username
--password
--update_period_sec 300
--forced_update_period 21600
--alias alias TardisXL5.mooo.com,Tnh6Q1JGSDFYU3pRaFh0YXVlSWE6MTEzMTY2MzI=
--background
--dyndns_system default at freedns.afraid.org
--syslog

that is it, exactly as shown -- less login info Any ideas?
Apache is working.
Thanks in advance
I had another file trying to point at the webserver on my network that did
not work either.

thanks

John

--
Every child born increases by one the group of people Sir Winston Churchill
called the "so many", who owe so much to the group he called the "so few".