[kwlug-disc] Distro for daily use.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 14 14:12:05 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:35:21AM -0400, Joe Wennechuk wrote:

> I was using Knoppix for some recovery stuff this week, and I kind of
> liked it. Has anyone used Knoppix, or a similar distro as their main
> environment? Are there any pitfalls to installing and using Knoppix
> as my daily distro?

I do not know whether this is the case any more, but it used to be
that Klaus Knopper would pick and choose packages from different
versions of Debian (stable, testing, unstable) to put together the
snapshot of Knoppix. It worked well so long as you never had to
upgrade anything -- but upgrades would not be as smooth as with
standard Debian or Ubuntu repositories.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org