[kwlug-disc] Distro for daily use.

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Mar 14 10:44:27 EDT 2014

I used Knoppix when it was KDE based, many years ago.

It now uses LXDE. If you like that desktop, then you should consider
Lubuntu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubuntu

It is LXDE with the vast repositories and 3 year long term support (LTS) of
Ubuntu, without Unity.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Joe Wennechuk <
youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was using Knoppix for some recovery stuff this week, and I kind of liked
> it. Has anyone used Knoppix, or a similar distro as their main environment?
> Are there any pitfalls to installing and using Knoppix as my daily distro?

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
wrong." -- H.L. Mencken