[kwlug-disc] Meeting recording status? [Was: Re: Podcast, phase 02]

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 4 14:27:33 EDT 2014

It is not clear that we will continue doing the audio podcast. If we
figure out how to do video livestreaming/podcasting efficiently the
issue may become moot. Colin is working on that angle (and we still
have William's donated computer as a videocasting platform).

The Working Centre does own a wireless microphone. We sort-of got it
working, but the big problem is that a lapel mic clip does not work
well -- people keep turning their heads when giving presentations.

Once upon a time I researched over-the-ear microphones that would work
with our wireless microphone system. I think this would be what we
would want:

http://www.lamusic.ca/Shure-PG30TQG-p/pg30tqg.htm

For the time being I think we are going to stick with wired
microphones.

There may be other wishlist items, but for the most part I following
my usual pattern and being a super-cheapskate.

- Paul

http://pnijjar.freeshell.org