[kwlug-disc] Cable internet providers

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jun 4 13:35:43 EDT 2014

The time to ditch Rogers is nearing, so time to evaluate what is available
for cable internet in the Kitchener Waterloo area.

I was almost settled on Start, after seeing positive feedback on this
group, as well as friends who switched maybe 6 months back. However, they
have changed their plans in the past month or so, and they are no longer
comparable to others.

We close to 200GB per month, so a 300GB plan is adequate. No need for
unlimited if it is fro extra cost.

So the current line up is as follows:

Teksavvy (which I am inclined to go with so far)
45Mbps/4, 300GB per month
$56 a month
$65 installation fee
$99 modem purchase
http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/cable/cable-45

Vmedia (negative feedback on their IPTV service, but internet service seems
good).
30Mbps/5, 300GB per month
$50 a month
$65 installation fee
$80 modem purchase
http://www.vmedia.ca/internet/cable-c.aspx

Start
As above, they changed their plans in the past month.
30Mbps/5, 200GB per month (not the lower cap, very close to what I use,
hence risky)
$45 a month
$50 installation fee
$85 modem purchase
http://start.ca/services/highspeed

So, any feedback on the above? Are there others to consider?
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.