[kwlug-disc] Redmine Plugins.

Tue Jun 3 12:04:04 EDT 2014

On Jun 3, 2014, at 9:38 AM, Joe Wennechuk <youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com> wrote:
>    We are using redmine for ticketing here at work; completely stock. I have been investigating various plugins. Does anyone else out there use redmine, if so which plugins have you found useful? I would like better email integration, and maybe some canned responses. I am sure there are many things I've never even thought of.

I have been using Redmine for a few years now, and am slowly making some of the things I do internally public through the blogs and public project on my site. I am no Ruby or Rails expert but despite that I’ve managed to get it working well. I’d be lost without it.

Here’s a list of the plugins I currently use on my server. Most were found off of github. You’d probably do well to get Andriy Lesyuk’s Mastering Redmine book as well as hang out in the largely quiet but still helpful #redmine IRC channel on freenode.

clipboard_image_paste
line_numbers
project_alias
redmine_better_gantt_chart
redmine_blogs
redmine_cms
redmine_contacts
redmine_hidden_user_profile
redmine_hide_estimated_hours
redmine_hours
redmine_improved_searchbox
redmine_issue_wiki_journal
redmine_mailing_list_integration
redmine_milestones
redmine_private_wiki
redmine_release_notes
redmine_sidebar_toc
redmine_spent_time

I’ve also got the hooks_manager and google_analytics plugins installed, but I don’t think hooks is working. This is on Redmine 2.4.4. Whenever I get around to learning Ruby and/or Rails I will probably be able to make a much better go of some of the things I’d like to do with Redmine, but for now it lets me track things and not forget, which is its main use.

Another Redmine install I have for a client uses the CKEditor plugin which is fantastic if you like that kind of thing. There are a TON of plugins for that plugin as well, but I haven’t really jumped into THAT mess yet. :-)

-A.