[kwlug-disc] UPS sized battery purchasing locally?

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 1 14:39:40 EDT 2014

My question would be, are those replacement batteries cheaper than
a new UPS of the same grade/performance?

Those batteries are probably bought by the UPS manufacturers in very
high numbers in bulk and hence with steep discounts. The rest of
the UPS components' cost should be negligible.

Would be interesting to hear from you the difference  in costs when you
find something.

Ralph