[kwlug-disc] IP addresses and gateways--my google-fu seems to be lacking

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Jan 17 17:06:45 EST 2014

On 14-01-16 06:05 PM, unsolicited wrote:
> Careful if you follow this advice, Brent - I've never seen a consumer
> router where wi-fi can be a client to another. Check the manual online,
> first.

I'm very sorry, for some reason, I had it in my mind that most, if not
all, TP-Links had a client mode.. this was a grave error on my part.

However, many models do have WDS Bridge support, which will work just as
well for the purpose of connecting existing wireless to a local lan.

But would be better to buy the Access Point models, with explicit client
mode support, such as this:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1056_356&item_id=031082