[kwlug-disc] IP addresses and gateways--my google-fu seems to be lacking

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jan 16 18:05:11 EST 2014

Careful if you follow this advice, Brent - I've never seen a consumer
router where wi-fi can be a client to another. Check the manual online,
first.

(Besides, I assume if you had the coin for a router, you would already
have replaced your PoE stuff and just gotten on with your day.)

Rashkae may be able to recommend a specific model, given his comment.

I've no doubt OpenWRT et al will be able to do this - worth popping over
there to check compatibility before/if you buy.

For all I know, Computer Recycling may have such a beastie, cheap or
even free. Most any OpenWRT aged compatible router should work for you -
your max. throughput is going to be limited by your wi-fi, anyways.

No way you can just snake a long network cable down the stairs for the
duration?