[kwlug-disc] Fwd: Re:

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 11:34:53 EST 2014

Digital is all or nothing. If you have a marginal signal, though, you
will get what is essentially packet loss in a MPEG2 stream, so you get
artifacts like horizontal bars of missing pixels (all one colour), and
audio dropouts or squawks. Unlike analogue, you really can't just watch
a poor signal as it's incredibly jarring, but as long as there is a
decent signal, it should look perfect.
-Jason