[kwlug-disc] Where to fix an Acer A500 tablet?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 11 02:01:31 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:01:18PM -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Gordon Dey <gordon.dey at happydeys.ca> wrote:
>
> Nothing as hackable and having a great community like the Acer A500/A501.
>
> Now, it is running OmniROM 4.4.4 (KitKat), with root (SuperSU), and is
> amazingly fast. Orders of magnitude faster than I have ever seen it in
> 2.5 years.
>
> So, I am sticking with this tablet for a while.
>
> I can demo the partitioning and flashing, and how to get a new ROM on
> the tablet if needed  [even in the January meeting for half a slot]

That would be fantastic.

> Though I am not sure how to project that so people would see it. There
> is a micro HDMI port on the tablet, and I have an HDMI to VGA cable.
> But when I tried it with the one VGA monitor I have, it did not
> display anything. I tried it in ROM mode, and when the table is
> working normally. No dice.

Does anybody have a full HDMI to mini-HDMI cable? (Do such things even
exist?) If so then we have an HDMI to VGA converter box that would
probably work.

Raul once did a presentation where he VNCed into his tablet and showed
that on the screen. Would that be a possibility? (I am guessing not,
but I thought I would ask.)

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org